Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year. New Goals.

Not a New Year's resolution but rather... a goal... yes, that's right... a goal. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Anyhow, enough with the semantics. It may be one small step for mankind but it's a giant leap for Trina to try to jazz things up in the kitchen this year. And by jazz things up I mean become more adventurous when it comes to meal prep... and maybe just actually do meal prep. I used to really comb the cookbooks (I mean, I have enough!) and create a schedule and a grocery shopping list. These days, I'm thrilled if I just get to a grocery story and I won't even bore you with what 'meals' look like these days (my mom is sooo not impressed). So, in the spirit of this new adventure I'm jazzing things up in the kitchen. I sat down, combed the cookbooks and created some new recipes to start. It started off with a Shrimp Risotto with Zucchini and Roasted Tomatoes. Read on...


Shrimp Risotto with Zucchini and Roasted Tomatoes

It started with roasted tomatoes.


And continued with sautéed zucchini and onions.


Don't forget the rice.


Shrimp and roasted 'matoes get warmed up.


Served over risotto. YUM!!


It was very good. A little work intensive but a great start to the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment